Where we come from, so there grows our food.
A Pioneering School
Fosen Folk High School was one of the pioneers in organic farming, when it was invented in the 1970s. That time with was hip, cool, and revolusionary. Students streamed into the school to be with "the new." Now it is becoming more and more common, and exactly because of that you should choose the agriculture line. Both the earth and the community need organic food production.
We push for organic agriculture because we think that it is the future manner for agriculture.
Here you get
- Cultivated corn, grass, vegetables, fruits, and berries
- Set horses, cows, sheep, hens, and pigs
- Take part in all aspects of the work on a little organic farm
- Learn to make cheese, butter, sausage, slaughter, fish, use a chainsaw, and much, much more
- Use both a tractor and a horse!
- Responsibility to grow on!
In May we will live on the farm for three weeks. A new work season will be on track, and farm work, sowing, and final harvesting will be done following the principles of organic farming, in order to ensure the summer's food production at the school.
- Our own farm with horses, pigs, hens, and sheep
- A summer farm with a forest we own and can use
- Good shape increase during the year
- Much outdoor life
- Working clothes
- Rain clothes
- Rubber boots