Elever på Fosen Folkehogskole ror en trebat i solnedgangen

Visas for foreign students

Students from the EU and EEA

As a member of the EU or EEA you can get a residence permit from the local police after you have arrived here at school.

You will need to bring two passport-size photos, an E111 insurance form, your letter of admission, and proof of school fee payment.

Non-EU citizens

For students outside EU, who do not have Norwegian citizenship: We recommend that you apply for a residence permit as soon as possible.

Contact the Norwegian embassy or consulate in your country. On the UDI website you may find options for a Folk High School Student Residence Permit. Your residence permit should not expire before the middle of june.

The Norwegian Directorate of Immigration, UDI, requires a part of the school fee to be transferred to the school`s bank account before your application is processed. For 2020/2021, the advance payment required is 106.510 NOK.

In addition, you need to pay the enrolment fee to the school. Enclose receipts of both payments with your application to the embassy or consulate.